Learn all the Basics From Football’s All-time Greatest Punter.
- Selected to NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team.
- 7 Pro Bowl appearances.
- 42.4 yard career average.
- 619 consecutive punts without a block.
- 1st pure punter selected in 1st round of NFL draft.
Actual Demonstration and Instruction from Ray Guy on:
- Proper stance, steps, grip, and drop.
- Hitting the “Sweet Spot” of the ball.
- Directional punting basics.
- How to get the ball away quickly.
- The secret to great hang time.
- Maximum power in punting motion.
- Picture perfect follow-through.
It was the height of Ray Guy’s punts that raised him above the rest. In the 1976 Pro Bowl, one of his punts hit the giant TV screen hanging from the rafters of the Louisiana Superdome. His hang-time was so phenomenal, he once had an opponent take a ball he had punted and test it for helium! A lithe, sinewy 6’3″ with long legs and extraordinary coordination, Ray Guy was ideally endowed for punting and remains the standard by which punters are now measured.
Now you can learn the remarkably elegant, powerful and economic style of punting the legendary Ray Guy developed, a style predicated on balance, timing and sound biomechanical principles enabling him to become Football’s Best Ever! NOW AVAILABLE IN CLOSED CAPTIONING FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED.